Concert Tracker

Get funky this weekend, check out 5 concerts

Will Fudge | Staff Photographer

Local bands and genre-bending artists will be performing around the city.

To support student journalism and the content you love, become a member of The Daily Orange today.

Broke Records Showcase
The Westcott Theater is once again hosting bands from the Syracuse University music scene with the Broke Records Showcase. The show will feature Studio89, Tom Siletto, Sadie Miller, Padma and Tisce, in addition to tables from local music organizations. Tickets can be bought at the Westcott Theater site.

When: Thursday, Oct. 20 at 8:00 p.m.
Price: $17.50 for advanced sale

Sophistafunk
After gracing international shows and underground venues, Sophistafunk will now return to their hometown to perform at Funk N Waffles. A hip-hop, funk and jam band, Sophistafunk consists of bassist and vocalist Adam Gold, drummer and singer Emanuel Washington and front man Jack Brown. Tickets for the show can be bought on the Funk N Waffles site.

When: Friday, Oct. 21 at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 7 p.m.
Price: $23.63

Bandersnatch
Hosted by University Union, the Fall 2022 Bandersnatch concert will feature Emotional Oranges, with support from Tommy LeFroy and Froggies. Emotional Oranges, based in LA, is an R&B and pop duo, who recently performed at Coachella. Tommy Lefroy, consisting of Winter Bethel and Tessa Mouzourakis’ album, “Flight Risk” was highly praised and received over one million monthly Spotify listeners. Froggies, an all-female student band, focuses on pop, funk and rock. Tickets for Bandersnatch can be purchased at the SU box office.

When: Friday, Oct. 21 at 8 p.m., with doors opening at 7:30 p.m.
Price: $5 for SU and SUNY ESF students, $10 for faculty

Mikaela Davis and Babehoven
The Westcott Theater will present “genre-bending” artists Mikaela Davis and Hudson-based Babehoven. A classically-trained harpist, Davis uses her background to inform how she intertwines multiple music styles, including psychedelia, 60s pop and driving bluegrass rock. Babehoven, led by singer-songwriter Maya Bon, focuses its music on Bon’s “confusing, jarring and kaleidoscopic” perspective of life. Tickets for the show can be bought on the Westcott Theater’s site.

Price: $28

Derek Ouyang and Dan Cohen
House venue Redgate will host Derek Ouyang and Dan Cohen, two SU students. Ouyang comes to Redgate just three days before the release of his song, “Bedroom Disco Ball,” and Cohen recently released his EP, “Ghost,” on Sept. 16. DM @redgatecuse on Instagram for the venue’s address and to buy presale tickets.

When: Saturday, Oct. 22 at 10 p.m.
Price: $5 for presale, $8 at the door